Simcar.Info Forum Index Simcar.Info
Let's Race!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PTA, TC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: PTA, TC? Reply with quote

What are these cars? I dont get the acro's for them, lol. I'm guessing PTA means Papryus Trans Am?? Hmm, but mines a Monty Carlo, lol.

Also, I've saved replays many times, but it only captures about 10% of the race. How do I fix that?

Glad to see more people into racing! Very Happy
idrtft
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to modify one of your files to get the whole replay, practice, qualify, happy hour and race. to check this go to C:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season\players\"your player name"/ open the player configuration settings. Scroll down and find this line, it should look like this clear_replay_each_session=0 ; Erase replay tape between sessions? if it =1 change it to 0. Be sure to back up any files you modify just in case things go bad.......

The PTA and TPTCC are the touring cars mod, you can get them at: http://www.theuspits.com/sims/nascar_racing/tptcc-download.html for the TPTCC
http://www.theuspits.com/sims/index.html for the PTA cars.

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can modify the size of the file saved as a replay. Cant remember where exactly, but probably in the replay section. Its somewhere ingame. Dont need to sift throught the files.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try that Smile
Tester
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Playback Reply with quote

Way,
You can adjust that in the core.ini. This is for the Papy readme file:

CONTROLLING REPLAY MEMORY

By default NASCAR? Racing 2003 Season will try to use a much free memory as is available for replays. This should be fine for most users, however if you find that you need to force this to a larger value to save longer replays, or wish to force it to a smaller value if performance is suffering, you may edit the "replayMemoryOverride" value in [Replay] section of CORE.INI. This value is in KB, so for a 64MB replay buffer you would set this value to 65,536 (64MB x 1024KB/MB).

You will have to play with this value and the size will depend on the length of your races.

By joining the forum you can gain complete access to the Forum. By joining Simcar.Info you can join us for some fun on the track.

Wayne AKA Tester
Waykewl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy Got it all fixed. I joined up to race with you guys, but I've never raced in hardcore. I practiced a bit, but my settings dont work in hardcore mode. I need more practice, lol. I'll be joining you soon for a practice. Our time difference is 5 hours, so I doubt I'll be at every race.

Cya's soon,

Way
RMLRacing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Way,good to have you with us. Very Happy Just fyi till you get used to hardcore our friday series and our practices allow driving aids,our Cup and I beleive IROC are hardcore.See you at the races. Ron Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simcar.Info Forum Index -> Public All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: